Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting a new bike!

My poor GIANT Sedona bike is getting a little too squeaky-in-the-bearing, breaking down due to the 8 miles per day of commuting. I have wanted for a while to get an "upgrade" on my bike, and after speaking to the people at Great Lakes Cycle and Fitness, I learned that it would be way too expensive and inefficient to upgrade the components of my present ride. Instead, I could do a decent upgrade by purchasing a GIANT Seek 1: lighter, better componets, slightly more aggressive position, and 8 speed internal gearing. However, such a choice would have its drawbacks, including the fact that although the components are better than my Sedona, they are not necessarily "good" components, nor is the Seek built for my needs....

So... I decided to get a custom bike made. Yiiiii!!! It should be done at the beginning of May, or there abouts. Have no doubt that there will be photos.

No comments: