Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back in Ann Arbor... for Art Fair

I'm back in Ann Arbor, and have returned to the start of Art Fair. (Yay?) Although I do understand that Art Fair is a major financial shot in the arm for Ann Arbor's businesses, especially for those along Main Street, Liberty Street, State Street, and South University Street, I still don't have to enjoy the massive throngs of people (expected 500,000 people), the closing off of major streets that I normally take to my work, and the increased traffic load along alternative streets.

Ah, well, I'll likely be taking photos of the throngs and throngs of people quietly and slowly milling among stalls, looking at pieces of artwork that have been lovingly positioned in booths - many of them being the same things that were on sale last year. Hopefully for these artists, there will be purchasing this year, irregardless of the ongoing recession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the pictures