Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cycled the equivalent of going to Shreveport

Well, since July (when I started recording miles cycled) I've definitely cycled further than the 1050 miles that show up when doing a direction search for bike riding from Ann Arbor. If I made a conservative estimate, it would be closer to 1500 miles (about the biking distance to San Antonio, TX).

Well, after all those miles cycled -- almost all of them commuting to work -- I got clipped yesterday while making the morning commute. It ended up with 4 stitches in my elbow (caused by a contusion), scrapes along my thigh (destroying my trouser leg), and a contusion on my shin (nothing more than what one might get in playing soccer). My bike turned out to be fine, so at least I didn't have to pay out more for bike parts.

No comments: