Monday, June 22, 2009

Cycled a LOT today in getting packed

I leave in the morning for the UK, but - because I purchased a new hiking backpack that I left at a friend's house - needed to pack first. This meant that I had to bike over to my friend's house with some laundry (since someone's going to be taking care of the cabin whilst I'm gone), then cycle into town to get some last-minute gifts, cycle back to my friend's place to move laundry into the dryer, cycle to the forest to bring back items for packing, cycle to the hardware store to pick up some rope (to tie down my backpack's straps), then cycle back to the forest. Finally - since I would be leaving my bike with the Great Lakes Cycle and Fitness for a tune-up and putting on an extra mud guard - cycling out to Great Lakes Cycle and Fitness.

In total (based on the way I cycled, cutting through neighborhoods along paths that a car couldn't take), I cycled 33 km (20.5 miles). Phew! No wonder I was had the shakes afterwards (and that wasn't the end - I had to finish cleaning up the inside of the cabin).

Now that I'm done, I'm ready to get to sleep for a bit.

No comments: