Monday, April 26, 2010

Poison ivy sucks

If poison ivy were any more annoying to me, I would seriously consider not doing any weeding without wearing disposable surgical gloves -- the kind that go up to the elbows. I currently have a small amount of it on the back of my right hand and a little bit on my left cheek (probably where I wiped away some sweat) courtesy of some weeding around the cabin, but other than that, I'm pretty sure that I'm ivy-free. However, it itches on occasion (just comes in waves of itchiness), and that itchiness isn't where the poison ivy welts are, but along my fingers and my forearm, like phantom poison ivy itchiness.

... and it gets worse when I think about it while it's being itchy. And that's the hardest thing -- to not think about something that is making you itch. Somehow, though, I usually manage.

Luckily, I still have some antihistamine topical cream from the last time I had poison ivy (last summer). Hopefully a year in the fridge hasn't allowed it to lose its potency.

No comments: