Monday, July 05, 2010

Things SLoooooW in town today

Things are very slow in town today. True, it's only 9:30AM on a federal holiday (since Independence Day fell on a Sunday this year), but seriously: I saw more activity yesterday!

I really don't want to do a whole lot in Saginaw Forest today -- I woke up, walked outside, and was greeted by a feeling that I hadn't felt since I was visiting Guam: steamy (not just warm and humid). The insects were singing, and birds were calling, and I got the sensation of (again) being in a tropical setting. And it's supposed to get up into the 90s today, with a heat index of near 100F. Urgh. The only thing that I had going for me is my dehumidifier to keep things dry, and therefore let evaporative cooling take effect. So, for that reason, I came into town.

Well, that and the opportunity to take advantage of some of the birthday deals that are to be had around Ann Arbor. To see an unconfirmed list of deals that are available around Ann Arbor, check out ArborWiki. I already cashed in on the 6 free bagels at Zingerman's, and now I'm eyeing up the free breakfast at Northside, too...

No comments: