The buyers were also apparently unfazed by the weather, and many were looking around for some later shopping, before the stalls close up at 9PM.
I find it funny that so many people think that the Art Fair on Wednesday and Thursday are too crowded! Having traveled to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, Bangkok, Manila, Delhi, Kolkata, London, New York City, and other very crowded cities, I can say that the comment that Art Fair is too crowded is a little misguided. I would say that it is crowded with people who don't know how to deal with crowded situations. If you are in a crowded space:
- You cannot have your Midwest-required two-foot radius worth of personal space.
- Don't suddenly stop without first pulling out of the flow of pedestrian traffic.
- Much like when driving, walk in "lanes" of traffic; if you want to see something off the "other lane," overshoot your goal and backtrack to where you want to ultimately go.
- Don't get upset so easily that people might inadvertently jostle you.
- Watch out for children underfoot.